Ghost Towns

Chloride

http://www.pioneerstoremuseum.com/

An Englishman named Harry Pye, a mule skinner and prospector, was delivering freight for the U.S. Army from Hillsboro to Camp Ojo Caliente in 1879 when he discovered silver in the canyon where Chloride is now located. After completing his freighting contract, he and two others returned to the area in 1881 and staked a claim. A tent city grew up nearby and then a town, originally called Pyetown, then Bromide.

Videos

Testimonial

We are full-time RVers, and so have a chance to visit lots of Resorts. Unfortunately, most of them start to blend together after awhile.

--Keith and Cody